Friday 22 May 2009

Making and cleaning.

I spent a large portion of the day clearing a pile of rubbish from near the door to a more derelict part of the yard and got my first delivery of wood from the timber merchant. There is more grot to move and will think about getting and paying for a grot wagon to come, or a private company. The landlord is VERY absent and half of the buildings are not, as they say in the council "fit for use". There is a blocked gutter around the back and a small part of the wall inside is damp. Also the bog/toilet door is falling of. John who repairs TV's upstairs, says that there is a snowballs chance in hell of getting anything repaired or replaced, so I guess that's why this place is fairly inexpensive. I think I have a few years here before it falls down. I can't have the public in as it is so dangerous under-foot. Big depressions and cracks. llandudno was built on a sand spit between an island (The great Orm) and a small mountain on the mainland (The Little Orm), subsidence is the main headache with some older properties.
BUT, it does allow me a toe-hold on the ladder towards a better studio, if I can manage here for a few years.
Of to B&Q later to buy a Jig Saw and belt sander and toilet seat. I tried the Mega bleach, coat everthing and wait one hour. Wonderful! The damned thing now practicaly sparkles.

I am experimenting with a lage mouthed vacuum flask filled with home made soup. This may or may not be the way to go, but it will save money. May yet have to save up for stomach pump.

No comments:

Post a Comment