Saturday 13 June 2009

Working towards a preview.

I have been working hard, getting the studio/ workshop ready for my first preview/party sort of thing. Never done this before so it could go either way.
I have arranged five large four foot by 8 foot panels around the walls and bout some cheap desk lights, glued to the panels to shine light on the mirrors and pictures. I think that a few more panels and lights might help the overall impression, though I don't want to spend a lot of money on a launch.
I over-did do the work humping the panels around and running up and down on the desk fixing the panels to the crumbling walls and making them secure. ( I don't want them to clonk any prospetive buyers on the head, mid party, So retired early with sprained muscles and exhaustion. Friends are "chipping in" to help with tables and light refreshment. I am not sure about crowd control, though I don't think that will be a problem.
I do have enough for a decent show now, though I seemed to have missed the Helfa Gelf artist trail North Wales art artist's studio open to the public thing. Oh well, next year perhaps.

Off to bed soon. Total worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment